This will be a longer post than usual.
The recipe to beat diabetes from a high level perspective is (IMPORTANT NOTE: This type of diet will generally help you in ALL areas of life [weight loss, cardiovascular] but most of all in diabetes) to bring the following changes in your diet :
1. Eat highly nutritious foods
2. Eliminate refined and processed foods such as white flour, white rice, sugar
3. Avoid/ Cut down Rice and wheat (specially in first phase of reversing diabetes)
4. Avoid meat
5. Reduce Dairy
6. Eat More Beans, Lentils and Legumes to give right kind of energy
7. Eliminate white starches, such as potato
8. Reduce or eliminate alcohol (depends on severity of disease)
9. Eat more live versus dead foods
10. Stop using the microwave and killing your food
11. All of the above food sources should be eaten in a balanced manner for success
The above is my program for my family members. I know many will argue about giving up meat and many will argue about wheat and rice but I feel the above is a very safe and foolproof program. One can adjust once the diseases have been reversed and body is functioning normally, however, my goal is to make the above program so tasty that why would you go back would be a mystery. On the Execution end I will cover :
1. Good Techniques for cooking
2. Good combinations and new combinations of food
3. Getting a new routine in order
4. What to do when going out, living in the real world
In the coming weeks I will post on each of the the above aspects and go into more detail over time. In the meantime start using your creativity and using the recipes as they come along.
1. What your Doctor doesn't know about Nutritional Medicine might be killing you, by Dr.
Ray D. Strand, M.D.
2. Beating Diabetes,by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
3. The Blood Sugar Solution, by Dr. Mark Hyman
4. Dr. Dean Ornish
5. There is a Cure for Diabetes, by Dr. Gabriel Cousens, M.D.
6. Disease Proof your Child, by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
There are more books that I have read parts of, about 8 more books and about 10 other doctors I have seen lectures by that I am skipping for now for the sake of brevity.
The Life Heal team explores the emerging science of weight loss and disease reversal with a special focus on Diabetes. We discuss nutrition, food and ways to become healthy